Monday, November 26, 2007

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Ming's Community Canvass Week

Liberator 322 has reached subscribers, so it is time to start printing Lord B's latest Diary.

Monday
It was when poor Ming launched his “Community Canvass Week” that I knew the writing was on the wall for him.

I heard all about in the Bonkers’ Arms one evening over a pint of Smithson & Greaves Northern Bitter. (The regular patrons of this excellent establishment learn to eschew the dreadful gassy Dahrendofr Lager.) “I had that Mingis fellow of yours around this afternoon, “ said one of my fellow topers.

“He was asking me what I thought about the way the world was going and what the Government ought to do about it. It was strange,” he added, after taking a reflective draw upon his pint, “I should have thought that if he wanted to be Prime Minister he would have had a pretty firm idea himself.”

No comments: