Sunday, December 02, 2012

10cc: I'm Mandy Fly Me


With Tenology, 10cc should finally get their due as the Fab Four of the 70s. Songs such as Donna, Rubber Bullets and The Dean and I were melodically ingenious, sonically inventive, radical yet hugely commercial, crammed with ideas and hooks.
A couple of weeks ago Paul Lester wrote an article for the Guardian celebrating the 1970s group 10cc. I have always thought of them as a bit of a guilty pleasure, but when you consider the dross that was in the charts in the mid 1970s, they do indeed shine like a good deed in a naughty world.

So much so that I used to go out and buy their singles with my Saturday job earnings in the 1970s. Perhaps their roots in the Golden Age of the 1960s appealed to me even then?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about Barbara Eden that never appeared in the video of 10cc's "I'm Mandy Fly Me"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_17v1aF220&t=3s